I already had more than half the items I needed for this recipe but I was missing the key ingredients like the gnocchi and the sun-dried tomatoes. Those items are not particularly just sitting in my fridge. Especially since ZI have a toddler and those items are not included in her top ten foods.
Luckily, my parents picked up this lucky girl a happy meal on their way to dinner so I was set to go with this recipe and there would be no push back from her.
You all know that when it comes to food, I love me my comfort food. Not only does it fill you up but it gives you that complete satisfied and homey feel to end the night with. When I came across this recipe, I straight up ditched the dinner idea I was planning on making and picked up the extra ingredients that I needed to get this plate on the table tonight.
So here is what you are going to need to make this:
- 1 lb gnocchi (I use one package)
- 7 oz jar of sun dried tomatoes (drained but keep 1tbsp of oil for chicken)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb chicken (breast or tenders)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic (I use the jar of minced garlic so about a spoon full of that)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used whole milk)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
Here’s what you have to do next:
- Cook the gnocchi according to the package. Once done, drain and set aside
- Drain the oil from the sun dried tomatoes jar and in a large skillet melt the butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken. When done, remove from skillet and set aside.
- If your skillet needs more oil, add more from the tomatoes. Then add the sun dried tomatoes and garlic into the skillet to saute. This should take 2-3 minutes.
- Add the milk, half and half and Parmesan cheese into the skillet. While this is cooking down, whisk together cornstarch and the tbsp of milk in a small bowl and pour into the skillet. Cook this for about a minute and when it starts to thicken and bubble its is done.
- Stir in the gnocchi and chicken and mix together well. Serve in bowls and top with parsley and additional sprinkles of Parmesan.