Whose Got the Fudge?!
I absolutely love every type of fudge. Some might say I have some sort of obsession with it. Ok, ok, there might be some truth to that. I wanted to get festive with the fudge at home so while baby girl was sick, I got to fudging. (I know that’s not a word)
Whenever we would take a trip out of Florida to those small towns up north, I would let my nose do the searching and find me the perfect fudge shop. I know that there are chain stores by me that sell fudge and even though its good, there is something about those mom and pop shops that makes the fudge taste even better.
I have never really strayed away from the typical fudge because I never wanted to ruin it. So I always made milk chocolate, white chocolate and sometimes if I was daring I would make dark chocolate with sea salt. But today I mixed my white chocolate with, you guessed it, peppermint candy. Such a delicious treat for this time of the year. And what better way to savor it than pairing it with some delicious Starbucks hot cocoa. Two teaspoons in warm milk and presto! instant hot cocoa! Don’t forget to enter our giveaway down at the bottom to win a Tin of Starbucks Hot Cocoa and your own monogrammed mug from Target to drink it in!
Here’s what you need to make this White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge:
- 16 oz White Chocolate Chips
- 14 oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon of Peppermint Extract
- 1 Cup of Peppermint Candy (Pre-Crushed is a time saver!)
- Melt together white chocolate, condensed milk, and butter together in a double broiler. Once everything is melted and mixed together, drop half of the peppermint candies and extract in the mixture. Place in 8″x8″ pan lined with parchment or wax paper. Finish it byt topping it off with the remaining peppermint candies and if you’re feeling extra festive like me, some holiday sprinkles.
What are some of your favorite types of fudge to make?